Tuesday, July 7, 2009

lasagna

I have been making lasagna for years. I would like to think it's one of my specialties and it has been a while since I considered any adaptations to my recipe. Sausage, fresh mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomato sauce and some fresh tomatoes, herbs and cheese. (Must have ricotta cheese, by the way.)
We had dinner with friends a few months ago and lasagna was served. It was spicy. I don't mean garlic-I mean spicy, hot!
So my lasagna tonight included hot sausage and a fair amount of red pepper flakes. Very good and got your nose running-if you know what I mean. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I made some lasagna today. It wasn't nearly as good as yours, but it was decent.

    I mixed in some fresh basil with the ricotta. I also used a mild Italian sausage. I think it needed a little more kick to it. I'll have to try a spicy one next time. I used Barilla noodles and marinara sauce.

    ReplyDelete