Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bread Machine



Nothing quite like the smell of bread baking. I have had a bread machine for quite a few years. Like most gadgets it got used a ton right after we got it; then less over time.
For years I made a basic white bread recipe right out of the bread machine's instructions. It always turned out and easy to make. Recently I have been unable to find a small container of powdered milk; which is an ingredient in that recipe. It is also the only thing I used powdered milk for, so it made no sense to buy a huge container to use two tablespoons at a time in one recipe.

So I went in search of a new basic bread recipe for the bread machine. The following recipe got rave reviews on All Recipes and, important to me, no powdered milk.

Ingredients:

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt

Instructions:

Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start.

It was light and delicious and make a very nice loaf straight out of the bread machine. I was very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment