Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grilling Season




After over a week of rainy, cold weather we finally have a few nice days. It seemed a good day for some grilling.

I had been looking for an excuse to try out a marinade for steak and pulled a t-bone steak out of the freezer. After looking at several marinate recipes I ended up using the following. I didn't really measure, so the amounts are very approximate.

Steak Marinade

1/2 cup red wine-I used Pinot Noir
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
Fresh ground black pepper

The t-bone and the marinade went in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for about five hours.

I really liked it. It was tangy and slightly sweet and I thought it really enhanced the flavor.

Potatoes and steak go together so nicely and I love foil potatoes on the grill. No muss, no fuss.

Foil Potatoes

2 large Russet potatoes-peeled and sliced
1/2 yellow onion-chopped
2 tbsp butter
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper.

Layer all ingredients a large piece of tin foil. Fold the tin foil over and seal. Place directly on grill along with meat. Turn several times during cooking.

1 comment:

  1. This was probably the best steak I have ever had. I seared the steak 1 to 2 minutes on each side using our Weber charcoal grill. I then moved the steak off to the side, turned down the grill, and let it cook for another 20-30 minutes. It was pink and juicy. Fortunately there were portions that were more done to suit Lori's taste.
    -Husband

    ReplyDelete