Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breakfast Egg Bake


- leftover half & half
- cheese that needed to be used up
- a decent amount of eggs
- bread in the freezer 

All these combined made me decide to put together an egg bake for breakfast this morning.  My favorite part about this is making it the night before and baking the next morning.   I also love how versatile egg bakes are as far as ingredients.  You simply throw in what you have.  My bread was actually leftover brat buns.  I thawed them and cubed them up and they were fabulous.

Ingredients: 

Cubed bread-about 2 1/2 cups
meat-I used bacon, along with sausage on carnivore's Husband's side
Veggies-I used onions and garlic-mushrooms and red pepper would also be great 
Cheese-I used a mozzarella mixture, but nearly any would work.
3 large eggs
About a 1 1/2 cups of half & half
Fresh ground pepper
Salt to taste

Instructions:

Cube bread and layer half of it in an 8x8 pan.  Add meat, veggies and cheese.  Layer the other half of the bread over the top and add more cheese.  Whisk together the eggs, half & half and salt and pepper.  Pour evenly over the bread. Press down slightly on bread to ensure egg mixture is evenly distributed.
Refrigerate overnight.  The next morning bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until center is set.


No comments:

Post a Comment