Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chicken Bacon Alfredo pizza


Unfortunately the Vikings are out of the playoffs this year, but we are still using football as an excuse to have pizza every weekend.
I have been using this pizza dough recipe for a while and I am very pleased with it. It is easy, turns out every time and tastes great.
The creamy garlic sauce that some pizza chains offer goes so well with chicken. When we talked about doing a chicken pizza I decided to try this Alfredo sauce. I have tried creamy garlic sauces before but have been disappointed in how thin they turned out. Not problem with this sauce; it's very thick and rich.

Source: The Neelys from Food network website

Alfredo Pizza Sauce

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Butter
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes-
1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour, plus more for work surface
1 cup Heavy Cream
¼ cup Grated Parmesan ( I had fresh Romano Cheese available and used it instead )

Directions:

Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Add the flour and cook until light blonde in color. Whisk in the cream, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste.


I loved it. The Alfredo sauce was exactly what I had in mind.  It is topped with chicken breast baked with olive oil and fresh ground pepper. I also added fried bacon chopped into bite-sized pieces, black olives and fresh spinach on top. The cheese is an Italian blend.


The only hard part was putting away the leftovers. I could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting!

1 comment:

  1. This looks soo delicious! I'm going to try it this weekend I think!

    ReplyDelete