Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl food

Super Bowl Sunday; one of my favorite days of the year. :-)

This year, however, no team I have cheered for has managed to win. Starting with the Vikings and all the way through the playoffs I have been a regular jinx.
But there is always food.


 California roll sushi from our local grocery store. I had this particular munchie to myself.


Nachos; a classic Super Bowl appetizer. I started with Chili and Lime flavored chips and layered with Mexican blend cheese, taco meat, green and black olives and green onions. On the side is sour cream and Wholly Guacamole the spicy variety. First time I had tried the spicy variety and it is very good!


Margaritaville shrimp followed the nachos. We tried the Volcano shrimp. Imagine a jalapeno popper with shrimp. Tasty!
Beer is excellent with Super Bowl food. I thought I would mention that. 


I would say my ice cream with cashews and caramel sauce followed the rest of food, but it was my afternoon snack.  I love chocolate over ice cream, but over the summer I became a real fan of cashews and caramel together.

Back to the game......

No comments:

Post a Comment