Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp


Shrimp is by far my favorite seafood. I make it for husband and I a couple times a month and have it myself for lunch at least a day a week. It's a great main entree choice as it's low in fat and calories; provided you don't smother it with fat. :-)  No problem for me, I prefer my shrimp roasted with just a little olive oil.
It also cooks very quickly; and makes it easy to get a meal on the table quickly. 

This recipe is light and a nice change from heavy marinara or Alfredo sauces. The lemon zest and fresh juice creates a lovely zesty flavor. The roasted shrimp goes perfectly with the lemon flavor.

Adapted from Ina Garten - Food Network


Ingredients:

Good Olive Oil
14 large Shrimp, peeled and deveined - I also removed the tails
Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Angel Hair Pasta Or Thin Vermicelli - I used about ⅙ of 1 lb box of pasta
1 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter, melted
Zest And Juice Of 1 Lemon


Directions:

Place a large pot of water on your cooktop and heat the water to boiling.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the shrimp on a sheet pan with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well, spread them in one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until they are pink and cooked through.

I like to use my toaster oven and broil the shrimp on high for about 5-6 minutes until pink.

Add pasta to boiling water and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Toss pasta with the melted butter, a drizzle of olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add reserved cooking liquid a little at a time until the pasta mixes well.. Add the shrimp and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment