Saturday, January 21, 2012

Panini Press



My Christmas present to myself was a Panini press. I had been wanting one for quite a while and, well, everything goes on sale before Christmas. So it was a good time to buy myself a little something.  I love sandwiches in general and I order Paninis all the time when we go out. I have tried them at home a couple times using the two skillet method; as in pushing down on the sandwich with the other skillet. I wasn't thrilled with the results so I thought an gadget made for the job would be a worthy investment.

I wanted a small one; for storage and because Husband and I certainly don't one capable of making a bunch of sandwiches at a time. I settled on this model as it was attractive, compact and got great reviews.  We have some other kitchen items that are Cuisinart brand and I have been pleased with them. 

I have been very happy with it. It heats up quickly, the food heats evenly and its very easy to clean. We haven't made anything terribly greasy with it so it has just been a matter of wiping down the non-stick grill plates once it cools and cleanup is done. We have concentrated on Panini sandwiches and Quesadillas but you can make burgers, sliders, chicken and all sorts of things. 



The sandwich above has pork left over from a roast we had a few weekends ago, Provolone cheese, dill pickles and Chipotle mayo on multi-grain bread. I love the pretty grill marks from the Panini press. Its a great way to use up leftover meat.
We do make our sandwiches one at a time. You could probably squish both on at once; but it's easy to manage one at a time and the second person isn't waiting long. This sandwich took 4-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment